Friday, March 30, 2012

Last Long Bike Ride.

So I never posted about my cut back week last week as well as how my nutrition went.

Last week was supposed to be a cutback week with 6 hours total. Somehow, I managed to workout for over 9 hours.

I did do much better nutrition wise during the bike. We rode 50 miles and I had a gel thank you honey stingers. I love your products! honey stingers chocolate gel. At mid way point, I had a honey stinger wafer cookie and 1/2 a diet coke. Again, love their products! I tried drinking tons of water. At the half way point, I had some of the Accelerade that I had mixed on one of my bottles. On ride back, I ate a bag of the honey stinger chew bites and drank some more water. I had about 2 chews before we finished the bike ride. And I had enough energy left in me to run twenty minutes.

What I did differently:
1. Nutrition. Ate and drank a lot more. And by drinking, I mean caloric drinks, not just water.
2. Rode on the small chain for the first 30 minutes to get my legs warmed up and more in a spinning gear. Then switched to the big chain. On the last 30 minutes, I switched to the small chain. What a difference! My legs had so much energy left in them. And they didn't feel so heavy by the time I had to start the run.

Much better ride then the week before. We averaged about 18 I think. But I felt so much better. So now I have to figure out what's the best nutrition for me to do and when/how soon I should do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment