Monday, April 16, 2012

New Swimming Challenge

So last Monday I swam in a 50 meter pool for the very first time. Gulliver Pool Wow. What-a-difference! ! !
 
 
My 25 yard pool at the park seems like a breeze compared to this G-I-G-A-N-T-I-C supersize me, state of the art olympic size pool with a huge clock so now I know how much S-L-O-W-E-R I am when I have to swim a lap.
 
 
In reality, 1 lap in a 25 yard pool is equal to 50 yards. One lap in this pool is equal to 100 meters. My cheat sheets for my workouts now vary. My 400 yard warmup or 8 laps in the tiny pool now is equivalent to 4 laps in the big pool. One of the perks of the big pool is that it's only about 7 minutes away from my house. They actually have lanes placed on the pool. I get my very own lane. I get a better workout because I don't depend so much on the wall since it's a 50 meter pool instead of a 25 yard pool. The down side: It's a lot more expensive then my $2.50 per session at the public pool. BUT I can guarantee you, that once you swim at this pool, you never want to swim anywhere else! 
 
Thanks to Amy for introducing me to this pool and joining me for these workouts at 550am! 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment