Thursday, May 10, 2012

The trainer

Baby Steps

So with my crazy travel schedules from work, I have had very little time to sleep, train, read, spend time with those that I love, and blog.

 
I just realized that I have not written anything in almost a month. Wowsers. I've been too busy with work. And I got a little behind on my training. Oh well, such is life.

So I finally got a second hand trainer.  For those of you that do not know what a trainer is. This is what it looks like:

Yeah that's not me. And I'll be very excited when I can actually find a book stand that can hold a book so I can spin and read at the same time. Okay, so my biking setup skills looked a little bit more like this:


So it took me about an hour to set up my bike on the trainer. I got so stressed out. I decided to call it quit. The next day Amy and I did it via picture text message and almost got it right. I wasted too much time setting it up. I still did not feel that I had done a good job so I convinced Chris to come over and check it out during lunch.


That evening, I did my first 15 minute warm up, then did my first 2 minutes on aero position and I fell, Ouch. Nice purple/green bruise on my hip. I was so angry b/c I wasted another 20 minutes trying to get it figured out. Luckily, my neighbor Angela is another triathlete. She fixed it back and I was able to do my bike workout. A little frustrated but baby steps it's how you have to start, right?



No comments:

Post a Comment