Tuesday, July 17, 2012

21 weeks for IM Cozumel: Last Week's Recap

Last week was a crazy week! I forgot all about it. Sunday night I flew to Virginia Beach for the night for a work meeting that I had on Monday. I totally forgot I had travelled last week. I came back Monday night.

Monday: Rest (In Virginia Beach) Alternated Rest Days with Friday. It was nice to sleep in and wake up later since my meeting wasn't until 1pm.

Tuesday: 6 mile Heat and Heart Rate Run. + Strength Training which I totally forgot to do. I ran around KB having to make sure my heart rate stayed at 145 or under. So I did a lot of walking. I realized that my heart rate monitor was off and I think I got it to work. The first few minutes my heart rate gets really high, then it drops, but then it's a walk, run a little, walk, run a little, then jog very slowly to hit 145. Very annoying. My sister and her 3 year old came that evening so I was fully entertained for the rest of the week.

Wednesday: 2400 Meter Swim Lightning and thunder in the morning so I tried a new pool after spending a couple hours at Chucky Cheese with my goddaughter. Went to JCC pool, and I have to admit that I love swimming in the 25 m pools.

Thursday: 6 Mile Heat and Heart Rate Run Annoyingly slow. Need I say more?

Friday: 1000 yard swim. Cut it short b/c I was tired and sleepy. I was praying that the weather gods would interfere so that I didn't have to swim b/c I was tired from the week. Unfortunately. it was very overcast but weather was fine. Decided to cut the swim short and I only swam 1000 yards instead of my 2500 yards. My baaaaad.

Saturday: 1 mile OWS+8 mile LR. Felt fantastic!!!

Sunday: 82.5 mile Bike Ride. (New Personal Distance for me) Felt amazing, minus the pain on the girlie's. The 1/2 peanut butter sandwich during the midway point was so much better than the Honey Stinger. I had energy left in me, but my girlie's were numb and in pain. I did use a ton of Hoo HaaI either need a new seat or need to get my seat readjusted. Back to Mack Cycle to figure out what's wrong with my Adamo Saddle

Great week.

Busy between playing hostess to hanging out with my sister and my godchild, to traveling and putting on my executive suit and playing grown up, to being on the saddle for almost 5 hours nonstop, to sleeping on the couch for one week, to one hour nap only on both Saturday and Sunday... I need a day off this week!

The long bike ride gave me a great confidence booster. If I didn't have any pain, I probably could have made it to 90 miles. Well, I did what was prescribed on my schedule, so I'm not planning on overdoing it. This week's long bike ride is 5 hours so I'm pretty sure that's about 90 miles. I must get my saddle readjusted before Sunday.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about the saddle pain. I can't believe it's only 21 weeks!

    ReplyDelete