Thursday, July 26, 2012

Countdown for Cozumel: Weeks 19 and 20: 2 in 1 yes I'm an idiot

So my countdown subtraction was off. Yes I majored in Finance. Math has been my favorite subject since I was about 6. I don't know why I counted wrong but I had to use the RW training plan cheat sheet to realize that once I put race day as November 25th, I was 19 weeks before race day. (18 weeks if you consider this weeks of training)

So last week's training was sort of a bust and a huge disappointment:

Monday: Rest Day.
Tuesday: 6 mile Heat Run and Heart Rate Run AM plus 60 min Strength Training with Kristi in the PM. Run went ok. Slow Slow. I can't wait to start incorporating a little bit more or some tempo runs into the mix! Strength Training in the evening was ummmmazing! I was so sore. Worked out muscled that I didn't even know existed. Did squats, lunges, core, leg work, upper body work, great session!
Wednesday: 2187 meters. Main set was 4 x 50 fast then recover 200 then rest 1 minute. The 50 fast made me extremely nauseous. Was 200 m short on my swim b/c my time was up.
Thursday: SICK OFF. Stuck at the ER previous night for a false appendicitis scare (ruptured ovarian cyst) so I was sick, took off and my whole weekend suffered b/c I still had abdominal pain leftover.
Friday: Spinning and 20 min ST.  Tried to make up some of the workouts that I had missed while I was sick. Managed to swim after work and do 20 minute on my own of ST.
Saturday: 2 mile LR. Sick. Supposed to run 10. Had to turn around after 1 mile b/c my stomach was hurting again. Skipped my swim so I could rest and recover for Sunday's monumental long bike ride.
Sunday: 2 hour Long Bike Ride. Instead of 5. Only cycled for 2 hours b/c I was still in pain. Tropical monsoon out there so I was sort of glad that I turned around earlier and went home.

Disappointing week b/c I had to cut my workouts short and b/c I missed some workouts due to me being sick. Oh well time to get back on the bandwagon.....

Officially 18 weeks left for IM Cozumel!

1 comment:

  1. 18 weeks. That's right around the corner chica! You're getting close now :-)

    ReplyDelete